Okay, I confess: this week's song is just an inside joke I'm having with myself.
As it happens, it's a perfect storm of normal work time not being available and having more to do than usual. Singing this song to myself is kinda cracking me up.
"If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to do . . . ." is:
- a boat load of work for Gemma & The Bear
- clean the house
- spend some time planning meals for the week
- catch up on some sleep
- read the news
- buy some jeans that don't have holes in them
- clean out my closet
- finally do that online crochet class my friend gave me as a Christmas gift
- take the dogs for longer walks now that the weather's nice (poor dogs)
- see more theater
- dig through all that unsorted data that was "recovered" when my computer crashed . . .
- . . . I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting . . .
So, as I'm panicking, I recall Mr. Croce's warble and it interrupts the panic-momentum enough for me to catch my breath and start doing the things I need to do instead of just worrying about them.
But also: Jim Croce is pretty great.